The DeBaliviere Place Special Business District (SBD) is a special taxation district within the DeBaliviere Place neighborhood, including portions of the 26th and 28th wards. The primary objective of the SBD is to improve the quality of life in the community. With the creation of the SBD, DeBaliviere Place has joined its nearby neighborhoods like Central West End and The Grove in securing the safety, beauty, and livelihood of the neighborhood.
To accomplish its objective, the SBD focuses on a few key issues:
- Public safety and security
- Improved cleanliness, beautification, and infrastructure
- Marketing, branding, and neighborhood promotion
Created under a bill sponsored by then-Alderwoman Lyda Krewson, the SBD was established on April 7, 2015 and began official operations on January 1, 2016. Today, the SBD is managed by a 7-member Board of Commissioners appointed by the Mayor.
The SBD Board meets monthly to discuss pressing matters and ensure that any funds raised are used efficiently. Our meetings are always open to the public. We value the opinions of every resident and property owner within the District and welcome any comments or questions you may have.
- Sid Chakraverty, President
- Bobbie Butterly, Treasurer
- Kathryn Ruth, Board Member
- Sherrone Beatty, Board Member
- Charles Wiltsch, Board Member